* New upstream release 1.0.1
* Bugfixes for CVE-2017-12958,
* New upstream release 1.0.0
* The REGRESSION command now has a /ORIGIN subcommand to perform
regression through the origin.
* The FACTOR command can now analyse matrix files prepared with MATRIX DATA.
* The FACTOR command can now print the anti-image matrices.
* The MATRIX DATA command has been added.
* Some inappropriate properties in selection dialogs have been corrected.
* A bug which could cause the HTML driver to go into a tight loop
has been fixed.
* An error in the FREQUENCIES procedure, where the word "Mean" was
printed when "Variance" was appropriate has been fixed.
* The ncurses library is no longer required or used.
* A bug where the Mann-Whitney test would give misleading results
if run on multiple variables and MISSING=ANALAYSIS was specified
has been fixed.
* Gtk+3.14.5 or later must now be used when building.
* Graphical user interface changes:
** There is a new menu: Edit|Options
** The Non Parametric Statistics Menu
has a new item: "K Independent Samples".
** Dialog boxes can now be canceled using the <Escape> key.
* The AUTORECODE command now accepts an optional / before INTO.
* The short form of the VECTOR command can now create string variables.
* Bug fixes, including fixes for CVE-2017-10791 and CVE-2017-10792.
* Updated gnulib version which can be compiled with GCC7
* fixes a regression bug where the initialization of the psql server fails
Fixed with patch psql-regression.patch
* New upstream release 0.10.2
* CROSSTABS: Implement COUNT subcommand to round case or cell weights.
* scatterplot: changed colorscheme - first color is black
* help: start html help via browser / make it work on osx and windows
* several bug fixes
* reintroduced hurd-i386 postgresql special treatment
* Removed armhf special gcc optimization option in rules
* Removed hurd-i386 postgresql special treatment in control
* New upstream releae 0.10.1
* fixed a bug where certain dialog boxes could not be properly populated
* various commands hardened against invalid syntax
* translation updates
* removed debian patch formatstring.patch which is included upstream
* New upstream release 0.10.0
* Migrated from gtk2 to gtk3
* Graphs menu for the GRAPH command
* pspp-convert can convert encrypted syntax files
* New commands: SORT VARIABLES, REPLACE, STRUNC, MEDIAN
* QUICK CLUSTER with /PRINT subcommand
* Debian unstable now uses automake v15. Removed texi-vers.patch as the fix is
contained in automake. Closes: Bug#759102
* Removed render.patch as this is fixed upstream.
* changed libgsl dependency from libgsl0-dev to libgsl-dev (version 2) to fix
debian GSL transition bug. Closes: Bug#804498.
* removed pspp.lintian override postrm
* added emacsen-compat file to install pspp emacs mode without error
* added emacsen-common as dependency as required by debian-emacs-policy
* removed debian/pspp.manpages as all manpages are now installed directly
* debian/patches/render.patch modified to fix the regression failure
on s390x and ppc64. Also the pdf export bug via gui described in
https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?45272 is fixed.
* debian/patches/render.patch added to fix problem
https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?45272 which is maybe
the reason for the s390 regression failure
* New upstream release 0.8.5
* The FREQUENCIES and CROSSTABS commands can now generate barcharts.
* The FACTOR command can now perform PROMAX rotations.
* SPSS/PC+ system files are now supported on GET and other commands
that read SPSS system files. The pspp-convert program can now read
SPSS/PC+ system files. Writing the obsolete SPSS/PC+ system file
format is not supported.
* SYSFILE INFO can now read SPSS/PC+ system files and SPSS portable
* FREQUENCIES: A bug was fixed where an assertion failure occured
when an empty dataset was presented.
* The GRAPH command is now available. Initially it supports
scatterplots and histograms.
* The RND operator in expressions now supports additional operands
for rounding to values other than integers and to indicate a level
of rounding fuzz. The default rounding fuzz may now be controlled
and displayed with SET FUZZBITS and SHOW FUZZBITS, respectively.
* patch debian/patches/render-test.patch removed (fixed)
* patch debian/patches/fix_paths_in_manpage removed (fixed)
* debian/patches/texi-vers.patch is still applied because the fixed
autotools version is not in debian yet
* New upstream release 0.8.4
* Formatting of SYSFILE INFO output was made easier to read.
* Bug fixes in upstream, including the following notable ones:
* FREQUENCIES works properly for string variables. (This bug was
introduced in 0.8.2.)
* CROSSTABS now correctly computes all of the measures that it
offers. Some measures have been removed because they were not
* The NPAR TESTS calculation of significance for the RUNS
subcommand has been corrected.
* Planned comparisons in ONEWAY ANOVA now correctly handle negative
* Conformance fixes to Open Document output format.
* In the debian package the following patches are removed
* debian/patches/test1039fix.patch removed because it is fixed upstream
* debian/patches/texinfo.diff removed because it is fixed upstream
* debian/patches/u8istream.patch removed because it is fixed upstream
* The following patches are still applied
* debian/patches/texi-vers.patch as this is a workaround for a bug in automake
this is an adaption to debian
* The following NEW patch is introduced
* debian/patches/render-test.patch fixes a security error which is shown due
to the debian compiler warning settings. This stops the build in debian.
* debian/patches/texi-vers.patch: This patch was removed due to a mistake
in the previous version and is now back. So this is bugfix.
* debian/patches/u8istream.patch: This patch fixes a bug which
showed up in regression on kfreebsd. The bug description is here:
The bug is already fixed upstream.
* debian/source/options: added extend-diff-ignore such that debuild
can be used several times and is not disturbed by differences between
the source package and modified files like doc/pspp.xml
* debian/patches/texi-vers.patch: This patch is a workaround for
the parallel build problem due to vti.tmp file. The problem is
described here: https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?43029
* debian/rules: parallel build is enabled
* debian/rules: added autoreconf as proposed by Breno Leitao
for the ppc64el architecture
* debian/patches/texinfo.diff: fix problem with updated texinfo.tex
When using autoreconf, the build-aux/texinfo.tex is updated. Fixed
a problem with statistics.texi compatibility.
* debian/rules: fixed testsuite.log dump to logfile
The testsuite was run twice. I moved it to dh_auto_test section
* debian/rules: Fixed bug in previous update
* debian/rules: Disable compiler optimization on armhf because tests
that use the MEANS procedure segfault with a null pointer dereference
with GCC 4.9.1, in a way that doesn't look like a program bug.
* debian/rules: Fix bug in previous update.
* debian/rules: Dump testsuite.log to stdout on failure to make
autobuilder test failures easier to debug.
* upgrade to upstream version 0.8.3
* debian/patches/test1039fix.patch: Add patch to fix a test failure in sid.
* Non-maintainer upload.
* debian/patches/699263: Add patch from upstream to fix test suite failures.
Since the default epoch depends on the current year, the test suite broke
on January 1, 2013. The patch adds the epoch to the test suite. (Closes:
* New upstream snapshot, fixes non-ASCII import issue (Closes: #676371).
* New upstream snapshot, fix testsuite errors on Ubuntu precise i386.
* New upstream snapshot, fix FTBFS on hurd-i386.
* debian/copyright: add details about lib/gtk-contrib/*
* New upstream snapshot, should fix outstanding testsuite failures.
* debian/control: no Build-Depends for postgresql on hurd-i386
* New upstream snapshot (Closes: #660854)
- emit non-zero exit code on testsuite errors in override_dh_auto_test
- remove possible pregenerated icon cache (Closes: #661573)
* debian/control: bump Standards-Version to current policy
* New upstream snapshot (should fix some issues on big-endian)
* debian/rules: post testsuite.log to build log on failures & typofixes
* debian/control: reorganize Build-Depends for better overview
* New maintainer (Closes: #636414)
* New upstream development snapshot
- debian/README.Source: notice about upstream source and Gnulib tarball
- debian/pspp.desktop: drop it as already in upstream
* Switch to source format 3.0 (quilt)
- move manual changes to debian/patches/*
- drop "psppire-data-editor.c" patch as already in upstream
- drop "lib/gtksheet/gtkitementry.c" patch as no longer needed
- drop manual changes to config.guess, config.sub
- ship Debian's gnulib source as supplementary tarball
* Switch to minimal debhelper 7 rules & cleanup
- strip everything that's not needed because of debhelper 7
- convert desktop icon from SVG and ship SVG
- there's no /usr/share/info/dir anymore
- no pref.h.orig & src/version.c to take care of
- switch to default usage of dh_makeshlibs again
- use smake
- remove possibly auto-generated info dir file
- add Uploaders
- remove obsolete build depends on libplot-dev, libglade2-dev
- new build depends on libxml2-dev, zlib1g-dev, libcairo2-dev,
libpango1.0-dev, autoconf, automake, m4, pkg-config, gperf, libtool,
smake, libgtk2.0-bin, libgtksourceview2.0-dev, libpq-dev, postgresql,
perl, libtext-diff-perl, librsvg2-bin
- new version dependency for debhelper, gettext, texinfo
- bump Standards-Version
- update Description
- debian/dirs: strip already present dirs
- debian/docs: merge from rules & add THANKS, OChangeLog, ONEWS
- debian/info: move info to pspp.info
- handle old conffiles like psfonts & devices
- use old school style for that as dpkg (>= 126.96.36.199) hinders backports
- debian/pspp.manpages: exclude from rules
- debian/pspp.doc-base: add information about the GUI
- debian/watch: strip template stuff for Lintian & other boilerplate text
- delete debian/README.examples, debian/example.stat & debian/myfile.syn
* Update debian/copyright
- new copyright holders and remove old email address
- new download location
- update the final paragraph of the license text
* Ship redone SVG icon until we have a nice upstream one
* QA upload.
* Package has been orphaned, set Debian QA as maintainer.
* Empty dependency_libs field from la files. Closes: #633285.
* Rename gtk_entry_reset_im_context to my_gtk_entry_reset_im_context,
avoiding conflict with the one defined in gtkentry.h. Closes: #621986.
* doc/pspp.man: Docs are in /usr/share/doc and /usr/share/info (thanks
to Sergio Gelato <Sergio.Gelato@astro.su.se>, closes:Bug#557633).
Delete reference to pspp FAQ.
* debian/rules: only delete /usr/share/info/dir if it exists
* New upstream release (Closes:Bug#552744,Bug#549753,Bug#512038)
* debian/control: depend on libreadline-dev rather than libreadline5-dev
(per request of Matthias Klose <firstname.lastname@example.org>,
Closes:Bug#553829), depend on 'dpkg (>= 1.15.4) | install-info' for
new info file installation process. Don't call deprecated
installation helper dh_desktop. Bump debhelper compatibility version
to 7. Bump debian policy to 3.8.3.
* debian/rules: don't install /usr/share/info/dir file. install calls
dh_prep instead of dh_clean -k.
* src/ui/gui/psppire-data-editor.c: prevent data sheet from traversing
into an invalid column, per fix by John Darrington (see
* debian/pspp.desktop: Correct name of icon file.
* Install pspp.desktop file (Thanks to "Bojo 42" <email@example.com>)
* New upstream release (closes:Bug#502856)
* debian/rules: enable parallel builds
* debian/psppire.1: psppire was written by John Darrington (thanks to
Ben Pfaff, Closes:Bug#500639)
* debian/rules: default to -O2 (some optimization) instead of -O0
* New upstream release (closes:#451825,#486777)
* debian/control: Debian policy version 3.8.0. Add "Homepage" field.
Add to build-depends: libglade2-dev, libreadline5-dev, libxml2-dev,
zlib1g-dev. Build-depends on texlive rather than old tetex-bin.
* debian/rules: implement DEBIAN_BUILD_OPTIONS value "parallel=n".
Add to configuration command (per README): CFLAGS=-fgnu89-inline.
* debian/copying: now licensed under GPL version 3 or later.
* debian/menu: add Debian menu support
* Add simple manpage for psppire.
* debian/doc-base: update section to agree with menu policy
* debian/pss.doc-base: HTML documents are in pspp.html/ (closes:#364536)
* rebuild against libreadline5 (closes: #356799)
* debian/copyright: update FSF address
* debian/emacsen-startup: autoload pspp-mode.el, and add it to
automode-alist for .sps files.
* debian/control: depend on texinfo (thanks to Roland Stigge
<firstname.lastname@example.org>) (closes: #340062)
* build against libplot2c2
* added libgsl0-dev to Build-Depends
* New upstream release (fixes: Bug#259615,Bug#328545)
* debian/control: update Debian policy version (no changes needed),
update program description, add libplot-dev to Build-Depends, bump
debhelper version to 4.0
* debian/watch: update format to version 3
* debian/rules: eliminate support for debian-test, install pspp-mode.el,
revert to Makefile commands to build .html documentation. Build and
install .pdf documentation. Register .html and .pdf files with
doc-base. Eliminate deprecated DH_COMPAT setting.
* debian/README: eliminate outdated material, add pointers on
documentation and the Emacs mode.
* update debian/watch to point to new upstream site
* src/q2c.c: fix gcc complaint: label at end of compound statement
(thanks to Andreas Jochens <aj at andaco.de>)(closes:bug#259615)
* debian/rules: use debhelper, dh_clean deletes src/version.c
and pref.h but preserves pref.h.orig, set DESTDIR for "make install"
* Makefile.in: export pkgsysconfdir and DESTDIR
* doc/pspp.texi: replace old START-INFO-DIR-ENTRY section with
@dircategory and @direntry sections.
* doc/texinfo.tex: refresh, to handle @dircategory command
* config.guess, config.sub: refresh
* lib/gmp/longlong.h: add explicit newlines, and escape the embedded
* debian/control: update to policy 3.5.7
* debian/changelog: remove obsolete local variables
* src/command.c: adjust test to work around name space pollution (fix by
* new maintainer email
* debian/control: build-depend on gettext, libncurses5-dev, tetex-bin,
* config.guess, config.sub - update to current versions from CVS
server (thanks to Philip Blundell <email@example.com>) (Closes:Bug#93847)
* src/groff-font.c(400): reverse last two arguments of call to tmsg
* debian/control: move Build-Depends line to source section. Policy
* debian/rules: honor DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS. Add "/etc/pspp" to config file
path. Support debian-test.
* build-depends on debmake
* New upstream release
* Take "-O2" out of compiler flags, since ascii.c compilation fails.
* Add Section and Priority fields to package control file.
* Remove reference to old license file directory.
* update to version 3.0.0 of the Debian policy (FHS).
* rebuild with current libraries. (Closes:bug#40421)
* debian/copyright: indicate only the download directory, rather
than the file URL (which changes every version)
* Include more files in /usr/doc/pspp/examples/.
* New upstream release
* New upstream release - bugfixes:
* Fix behavior of PRINT SPACE for negative arguments.
* Fix reading some unusual system files.
* Fix LIST problems with very long variables. Thanks to Hankin
<firstname.lastname@example.org> for this bug report.
* Fix problems with some string format specifiers.
* Fix use of $CASENUM in expressions. Thanks to Dirk Melcher
<BZNemail@example.com> for reporting this bug.
* Additional DATA LIST FREE and DATA LIST LIST fixes. Thanks to
Hankin <firstname.lastname@example.org> again on this one.
* Sometimes you may encounter a PSPP script that has to be
interpreted in interactive mode. Now you can use the -i flag to
* Warnings for egcs 1.1.1 cleaned up. (However you'll get lots of
`unused variable' warnings under gcc 188.8.131.52, fixing this will
take more effort.)
* Tests fixed.
* The files in gmp need the internationalization directory in
their include path. Thanks to OKUJI Yoshinori
<email@example.com> for pointing this out.
* Recompilation to remove dependency on libc6 2.0.7u
* Upstream release was a bugfix - release for frozen as well as unstable.
* New upstream release
* Link with libncurses4.
* New upstream release: documentation and configuration fixes
* New upstream release: lots more documentation
* New upstream release
* Initial Release.